Posted by Janis Legzdinsh Fri 31 Dec 10:44
A new version has been released today. The biggest change is the removal of software renderer ( as it was announced before). Other than that it's mostly bug fixes and some improvements here and there.
10 years of Vavoom
Posted by Janis Legzdinsh Sun 13 Jun 17:51
Today Vavoom turns 10 years old and to celebrate this a new version has been released. This version introduces advanced level renderer which is able to do Doom 3 style shadows. Currently it's available only with OpenGL renderer, Direct3D version will come later.
I've also decided that it's time to retire software renderer, so this is going to be the last release that has it.
Posted by Janis Legzdinsh Sun 28 Mar 16:25
For some time there haven't been much work done, but that hopefully will change. Since it's been more than a year since last release, I decided to release a new version now. There ain't really big changes, mostly bug fixes and improvements. Enjoy.
Posted by Janis Legzdinsh Thu 19 Feb 14:23
Version 1.30 has been released. In this version:
- Improved speed of DECORATE parser.
- Some gameplay speed optimisations.
- Some improvements to networking.
- Fixed demo recording in single player.
- Added suppport for maps with more than 32k sidedefs.
- Added support for maps that don't have node lumps present at all.
- Added support for most of the new ACS commands, additions of new features to the existing ones.
- Added support for "return" ACS script type.
- Added "allowprotction" flag to terrain types.
- Morph system enhancements.
- Added support for text format texture definition scripts.
- Many bug fixes and improvements.
Posted by Janis Legzdinsh Mon 27 Oct 18:03
Version 1.29 has been released. In this version:
- Added support for Vavoom master server.
- Improvements to model skin support.
- Fixed monster infighting.
- Fixed net game getting stuck when a packet sent from client is lost.
- Added support for intermission background scripts.
- Added support for mouse controllable menu controls.
- Added support for all finale types in all games.
- Added support for DeHackEd exlosion style for rockets.
- Added support for different blood colours.
- Added support for voodoo dolls.
- Most of the actor classes moved to DECORATE.
- Added support for model frame interpolation.
- Added support for compiling progs in the engine, progs now are in source form in PK3 file.